Healthy, light, lemony, and full of flavor, these Chicken Parmesan Meatballs might be one of my new favorite meatball recipes. Whoa, you say…. there is Dads meatballs, Moms meatballs, Nanas meatballs, and my own to consider here. However, as the weather turns and I look forward to summer, I’m digging these “Spring Time” Mini Meatballs!
Healthy Swap: I am using ground chicken instead of beef to make this recipe healthier. The flavors in this recipe call for a lighter meat, turkey would also work very well. Lemon adds the “spring” flavor as does fresh parsley, pine nuts, and LOADS of parmesan. The meatballs would go very well with pesto, a light summer sauce, or in a pasta with veggies!
If you enjoyed this recipe, I’m sure these others will tickle your fancy:
- Caprese Pasta Primavera
- Garlic Burst Tomatoes over Shrimp Zoodles
- Italian Sausage and Pasta Toss
- Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce
- Roasted Garlic
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
Healthy, light, lemony, and full of flavor, these Chicken Parmesan Meatballs bring spring into the kitchen. An easy recipe that goes very well with pesto, a light sauce, or tossed in pasta. Great weeknight meal for the family.
- 1 lbs ground chicken
- 1/2 onion diced fine
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted, rough chopped
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Dice the onion, mince the garlic and zest the lemon. In a small sauté pan, toast the pine nuts until golden and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the ground chicken, onion, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, pine nuts, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, kosher salt and egg. Mix well to incorporate.
- With a small scoop, make 24 meatballs and roll with your hands, arrange them on a foil lined, rimmed baking pan sprayed with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Using a brush, gently coat each meatball with the olive oil or cooking spray. Bake for 18 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce or pesto over cooked pasta of choice.
Pin and share this Chicken Parmesan Meatballs recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!
3 thoughts on “Chicken Parmesan Meatballs”
I LOVE THIS ! Can’t wait to try them.I love you !!! Tamra Rushing TamraJRushing@gmail.com 904-742-9286