I don’t know about you but breakfast on the weekends or on a day where I have time to relax and enjoy a elaborate brunch is just THE BEST! I had so much fun making The Perfect Breakfast Board and I’m going to give you all the ingredients to make one too!
Today I lost the bread in an attempt of being “healthier” and I have to say I didn’t miss it. Don’t get me wrong, lox bagels are my FAVORITE breakfast sammy of all time… this is just a fun take on the low carb version of that beloved dish.
Breakfast Board Ingredients
- Smoked Salmon (nova or lox)
- Avocado (sliced)
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Soft Boiled Egg (see below for how to guide)
- Arugula/ Spinach/ or something green and leafy
- Red Onion, sliced
- Lemon Slices for decoration
Other Additions: Crackers, smoked trout or another fish, crusty bread for dipping in the eggs, bagels and cream cheese… the options are endless!
A Mini Lesson: The Perfect Soft Boiled Egg!
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with enough water to cover the eggs by about an inch.
- Reduce the heat to medium high and use a spoon to gently place the eggs in the water. By reducing the heat, you’ll prevent the eggs from bouncing around and cracking.
- 6 1/2 minutes: A soft, jammy yolk. This is my favorite for eggs on toast or soft boiled eggs on a salad.
- Once the eggs have cooked, immediately place them in a ice water bath to stop them from cooking and maintain the perfect texture.
- Peel, slice, and enjoy!
I can’t thank my cousin Jonathan from Cuts and Burns Woodcraft for my beautiful cutting board. I am IN LOVE with this board he made me and cannot stop bragging about it. He customized it for me to make grazing boards just like this. I am thrilled to have the chance to show it off! Also, SOOO fun having my logo wood burned into the wood… what would you get?
He does custom work, anything you could want he can do for you. He is very talented and yes, I am biased but I also know good work 🙂
Check out the website below and get yourself one of these boards to make your own Perfect Breakfast Board ASAP https://www.cutsandburnswoodcraft.com/
If you enjoy this recipe, you will love these other recipes as well!
- Pickled Beet Goat Cheese Salad
- Salmon Salad with Tarragon Dressing
- Summer Succotash Salad
- Fresh Corn and Zucchini Salad
- Citrus Fennel Burrata Salad
Be sure to follow along for more great recipes like this one, The Perfect Breakfast Board! Subscribe at the bottom of the page via email and follow us on Social Mediafor updates and more foodie fun!
Pin and share this recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!
4 thoughts on “The Perfect Breakfast Board: An Easy Tutorial”