As wintery weather comes and goes, I can always bring some brightness into the kitchen with fresh herbs and citrus! This Lemon Herb & Parmesan Breaded Chicken recipe brings an easy weeknight meal and takes it to a bright place by adding fresh herbs, lemon zest, and pairing it with a bright vinegar based salad!
Its Friday night as I sit here writing to you all. What a week it has been. I am searching for jobs to get back into something a bit more steady and whew what a whirl wind that has been! I never knew there can be so many emotions expressed within such a short period of time. Life in general, jobs, passions & dreams, relationships, health, etc. have been taking a toll on me lately. The one thing that never changes is the fact that when I am overwhelmed, sad, or tired I can always find a place with a knife in my hand making some good ole home cooking in the kitchen!
Everybody loves chicken dinners and I love to have a reason to cook for a crowd! So here we are with this Lemon Herb & Parmesan Breaded Chicken dinner. Not too many steps/ ingredients but it packs a punch of flavor! Garlic, lemon and parsley bring out a bright a fresh taste and parmesan cheese brings in a nice salty kick. The chicken is pan fried for color and then finished in the oven making time for you to throw together a quick side dish.
For an equally delicious and easy main course without a lot of fussing, you can’t beat this recipe. Prepared bread crumbs make breading anything SO easy, there really isn’t a reason not to do it! From plain bread crumbs to seasoned bread crumbs to Panko bread crumbs, there are so many different things you can do with them. For this recipe, I added some parsley, lemon zest, garlic, and parmesan cheese to plain breadcrumbs (bc that’s what I had on hand! Italian would work just fine as well.
Then we create a breading station comprised of a few steps.
- Step 1. Flour dredge
- Step 2. Raw scrambled eggs
- Step 3. The bread crumb mixture
That’s it! You will go down the line, fist in the flour, then into the eggs, and finally into the breading mixture. You can definitely dial the lemon flavor up or down. The first few times I made this, I was very conservative with the lemon, but I enjoy more lemon flavor so I bumped it up!
Lemon Herb & Parmesan Breaded Chicken
I paired the Lemon Herb & Parmesan Breaded Chicken with one of my favorite salads that is good any time of the year! A Green Bean and Potato Salad that had crunch and sass with a vinaigrette base that pairs perfectly with the breaded chicken because it helps cut the heaviness of the oil and lends great flavor!
If you love easy weeknight dinners, check out these other recipes! They will not let you down and are full of great kitchen tips! Click title for recipe:
- Cajun Chicken with Peaches & Basil
- Lemon Fennel Sheet Pan Chicken
- Italian Sausage and Pasta Toss
- Guinness Beef Stew
- Pork Tenderloin with a Balsamic Cranberry Reduction
Lemon Herb & Parmesan Breaded Chicken
This Lemon Herb & Parmesan Breaded Chicken recipe brings together an easy weeknight meal and takes it to a bright place by adding fresh herbs, garlic, and lemon zest.
- 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, each about 6 ounces
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup oil, for shallow frying
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the bread or crumbs, parsley, lemon zest, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- With the flat side of a cook’s knife or the smooth side of a meat-pounder, pound each breast to equal thickness.
- Put the flour, eggs, and the bread crumbs each separately in 3 shallow dishes. Pat the chicken dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. Dip each breast into the flour, then shake off the excess. Next, run the breast through the egg to coat it lightly and hold the chicken over the liquid to let any excess fall back into the bowl. Finally, lay the chicken in the bread crumbs, turn it over and press it into the breading to coat. Lay on a piece of waxed paper.
- Heat a large skillet (12 inches in diameter) over medium heat. Add the oil. Lay 2 chicken breasts smooth-side down in the pan. Cook the chicken without turning until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook until equally brown on the other side, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining 2 breasts. Transfer chicken to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Place all 4 breasts on a rack over a baking pan and bake until firm to the touch, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Serving suggestion: Lemon wedges, fresh parsley sprigs for garnish .
Pin and share this Lemon Herb & Parmesan Breaded Chicken recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!
5 thoughts on “Lemon Herb & Parmesan Breaded Chicken”