These Seven Layer Cookies have a great story behind them so stick with me for a minute!! Six months ago I made the decision to move to Charlotte. I had been living in Baltimore for 4 years when the opportunity presented itself to make another move and start over once again. I am lucky to have some family in town, my grandmother is only 15 minutes away from me!
One of the downfalls for moving to a new city is not knowing may people. As a single woman, when you don’t know many people you have to get creative to meet others! A couple of weeks ago my grandmother invited me to her neighbors birthday party and I was more than happy to accompany her. The best part is that the host asked for everyone to bring a single friend instead of gifts…. so I took my single grandmother and she brought me.
Now I know what your thinking…. yes I did just say I went to a singles party with my grandmother. My mother about fell out of her chair laughing when I told her, so go ahead and laugh!
In addition to bringing a single friend, we were asked to bring a dish/ dessert and I couldn’t think of a dessert better than these seven layer cookies, so I went to work!
These Seven Layer Cookies are a mixture of sweet chocolates, salty crackers, fruity coconut, and pretty much are deliciously sinful. The best part is they are SUPER EASY to make and can be made all in one pan.
Seven Layer Cookies
Layered in order from bottom to top:
- Graham Cracker Crust with Butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
Basically, you layer these ingredients in a pan and bake for 25 minutes. Let the cookie bars cool in the pan, and here’s a secret: refrigerate them and serve them cold… Bada bing, bada Seven Layer Cookies.
Seven Layer Cookies
Seven Layer Cookies: chocolate, nuts, coconut, and a buttery graham cracker crust melt together for a deliciously easy dessert.
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter, Melted
- 1-1/2 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1 can (14 Oz. Size) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 11 x 7 baking pan.
- Stir together melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press into prepared pan.
- Add the other ingredients in order: coconut, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top. Add the pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack
- Place pan in the refrigerator and serve cold or room temperature
3 thoughts on “Seven Layer Cookies”
I remember Nana making those all the time! I also would take those to school for birthday parties. I think it was the first dessert I ever made on my own! ❤️💕❤️
What a great memory, I love when food brings you back to a specific time 💛