As a growing chef, I like to pull inspiration from all types of sources: tv cooking shows, magazines, cookbooks, restaurants, and time cooking with others. I love having food network on in the background as I can always pick up tips as my ears perk up. I also enjoy watching other chefs work, there is always something to learn! Inspiration comes in all forms, Basil Avocado and Chicken Salad for the win.
I have a growing collection of cook books and magazines that cover a vast array of flavors and cuisines that you can find me reading for leisure. I bought a new magazine recently from Better Homes and Gardens called “Fast and Fresh”, a special interest publication. Fast and Fresh, my type of cooking!
To my surprise, more than the majority of the recipes interested me, a combination of flavors right up my ally!
I was inspired by a section they had on 20 minute meals, always a good section, and there was a deconstructed salad with chicken, tomato’s, avocado, and lime. I changed it up a bit by adding lemon in place of the lime and feta cheese to the mix and was pleased with the outcome!
Basil Avocado and Chicken Salad
Take your presentation game up a level and serve on a platter to for your family! There is no lettuce, but you could always add some if you wanted. I didn’t make a dressing but instead cracked fresh pepper onto the salad, drizzled some good extra virgin olive oil, and squeezed fresh lemon juice all over!
Top with fresh basil and your in for a light and healthy meal, Basil Avocado Chicken Salad!
If you enjoy salads as much as I do, check out these other salad recipes!
- Healthy Brussels Sprout Salad with a Pear Vinaigrette
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- Mediterranean salad with Oregano Lemon Vinaigrette
- Chicken Avocado Tomato Platter
- Veggie Quinoa Spinach Salad aka “The Rowhouse”
- Fall Vegetable Kale Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Basil Avocado & Chicken Salad
A deconstructed salad makes for the perfect light lunch, in presentation and taste.
- 3-4 Medium plum tomatoes
- 1 Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 2 1/2 lb. Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 4 oz. Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup good EVOO
- 2 Lemons, one juiced and one quartered
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves
- Cracked black pepper and salt
- Arrange all ingredients on a platter, or individual plates.
- drizzle the oil and lemon juice over the salad.
- Top with fresh basil, cracked black pepper, and salt.
Be sure to follow along for more great recipes like this one, Basil Avocado Chicken Salad! Subscribe at the bottom of the page via email and follow us on Social Media for updates and new post alerts!
Pin and share this recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!
7 thoughts on “Basil Avocado Chicken Salad”