Growing up my mother was always good about sending us off to school with a hot breakfast. We either had eggs, warm cereal, or what was more often than not oatmeal. Now a days, in an effort to stay away from processed sugar and use fresh ingredients that are available to me such as berries and local honey, I have grown fond of oatmeal again! These Overnight Oats are amazing!
Overnight oats offer the busy individual or the lazy cook an easy out for a delicious breakfast. Not only can you use any one of 100 different flavor combos with this base recipe, but it is something you can prep ahead and eat for days to come.
Discover overnight oats—a fun and delicious way to enjoy Quaker® Oats! Either add fruit, yogurt, nuts or other tasty ingredients with your favorite milk and oats in a mason jar. Mix together at night and let steep in the fridge until morning.
Some find it odd to have cold oatmeal and I was skeptical at first but after I tried these soft, almost gooey oats that soak in milk overnight, the fact that they were cold didn’t even cross my mind.
In this Overnight Oats recipe I use almond milk and fresh berries. You can use what you have on hand and customize the options to your preferences and dietary needs. Use a one-to-one ratio of raw oats and your choice of milk, yogurt, or any other dairy substitutes.
Some of my favorite Quaker Oats Recipes are:
- Apple Cinnamon Crunch (iced apple, honey, cinnamon, granola)
- Banana Nut (ripe bananas, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, walnuts)
- Blackberry Honey Walnuts (Greek yogurt, blackberries, honey, walnuts)
- Blueberries and honey (Geek Yogurt, Blueberries, honey, almonds)
- Chocolate Banana and walnuts (sub chocolate milk, banana, strawberries, walnuts)
- Mango and coconut (mango, shredded coconut, honey)
- For a more crunchy, textured breakfast, set some toppings aside to add in the morning. for example add nuts in the morning rather than placing them in the night before.
- Add flax seeds and/or chai seeds for more nutrition
- For best results, let it soak in the fridge for a full 8 hours so they can absorb all the liquid. Of course, a few hours is OK too!
If you love Breakfast and Brunch as much as I do, you’ll love these other recipes!
- Overnight Oats
- The Perfect Breakfast Grazing Board
- Spinach Feta Egg Puffs
- Dutch Baby Pancake
- Blackberry Scones
- Apple Butter Carrot Muffins
- Sunday Frittata
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries and fruit (blueberries, raspberries)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- Add Quaker® Oats to your container of choice and pour in milk.
- Layer Greek yogurt, chia seeds, mixed fruit & berries, and honey for sweetness.
- Refrigerate overnight
- Top with almonds in the morning and enjoy!
Everyone meet Prim, she’s my little helper and loves to lick the yogurt off my spoon!
Be sure to follow along for more great recipes like this one, Overnight Oats! Subscribe at the bottom of the page via email and follow on Social Media for updates and new post alerts!
Pin and share this recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!
4 thoughts on “Overnight Oats”