With the stores stalking up on sweet corn and the roadside produce stands overflowing with the yellow gold, now is the time to be eating all the corn! You can always go the traditional route of boiled corn on the cob, or you can spice it up some. This Corn and Zucchini Salad is a great way of using all those fresh ingredients!
Some of my favorite ways to eat corn include grilled, boiled and slathered with butter, buttered up and topped with old bay, salt and pepper, paprika, or you can even make some grilled street corn! Tasting Table has an excellent recipe! Another way you can enjoy this summertime staple, is to make a corn salad.
This Corn and Zucchini Salad recipe is a mixture of summer salads, zucchini noodles, fresh herbs, and of course copious amounts of fresh corn! Corn is cut of the cobb and tossed with strips of zucchini, feta cheese, red onion, and TONS of fresh basil and mint.
I top it all off with a vinaigrette and fresh cracked black pepper to make a salad worthy of being your dinners main event!
Making your own zucchini noodles couldn’t be easier! If you have a vegetable peeler and the guts to give it a try, you may just have a new favorite way of making zucchini! Cut the ends off the zucchini and cut the squash in half (width) to make two cylinders. Then take your vegetable peeler and make thin strips. I rotate the zucchini as I go leaving a rectangle when I have reached the seeds. Repeat until you have the right amount of “noodles”!
For those of you who read my recipes you’ll know I love to take shortcuts and make cooking easy…. and clean up even easier. I used the same water I boiled the corn in to blanch the zucchini. Both the corn and the zucchini are put in an ice water bath to stop the cooking and make crispy veggies! I then let the water cool down and use it to water my plants, waste not want not 🙂
Toss with the other ingredients and Voila, a crisp and flavor packed salad. You can feel good about it too, Corn and Zucchini Salad is very healthy!
If you enjoy salads as much as I do, check out these other salad recipes!
- Healthy Brussels Sprout Salad with a Pear Vinaigrette
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- Mediterranean salad with Oregano Lemon Vinaigrette
- Chicken Avocado Tomato Platter
- Veggie Quinoa Spinach Salad aka “The Rowhouse”
- Fall Vegetable Kale Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
What are some of your favorite summertime meals?
Fresh Corn and Zucchini Salad
Summer corn and zucchini come together to make a go-to summer time side or main dish for your next meal!
· 4 ears of corn
· 2 medium to large zucchini
· 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
· ¼ red onion minced
· ¼ cup fresh basil torn
· 1 Tbsp. fresh mint
· 3 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
· ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tsp honey
· Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil ears of corn for 4 minutes and remove to an ice water bath.
- In the same water you used to cook the corn, add in the zucchini noodles (see above for instructions of how to make them) and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini noodles to the ice water bath to stop cooking.
- Remove corn from the cob and mix with the feta cheese, red onion, and basil and mint.
- In a mason jar place remaining ingredients and shake to combine.
- Toss the salad with the vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper as needed
Be sure to follow along for more great recipes like this one, Corn and Zucchini Salad! Subscribe at the bottom of the page via email and follow us on Social Media for updates and more foodie fun!
Pin and share this recipe for later when your looking for your next meal inspiration! Also visit the Charlotte Food Bloggers and follow my tribe, amazing Charlotte based foodies like me!
13 thoughts on “Corn and Zucchini Salad”